Back to Recipe Search
Vanilla Corn Starch Pudding (adapted from a vintage Argo recipe)
A vintage recipe that is still popular today.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teapoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix 1/2 cup cold milk with corn starch. Set aside. Heat remaining 3 cups milk in a large, heavy sauce pan over medium heat until milk just begins to simmer (small bubbles around the edge of the pan).
- While milk is heating, beat the egg yolks with a whisk or fork in a small bowl. Add salt and sugar to the eggs, then add egg mixture to the corn starch mixture.
- When milk is simmering, stir in the corn starch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into a serving bowl (or individual bowls); cover with plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.