Back to Recipe Search
Lemon Poppy Drops
This cookie is soft and tender with bright lemon flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Spice Islands® Poppy Seed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Lemon Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Beat in eggs, corn syrup, yogurt and lemon extract. Combine flour, baking powder and poppy seed in a small bowl. Add dry ingredients gradually to butter mixture until combined.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire rack.
- For Icing: Whisk powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Transfer icing to resealable plastic bag; snip corner and pipe onto cookies in decorative design. Garnish with finely shredded lemon peel, if desired.