Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 3 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- 1 baked (9-inch) pie crust
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Argo Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 cup
sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water until smooth.
Stir in egg yolks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and
boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon
juice and butter.
- Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy. Mix 1/3 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon corn starch and gradually beat into egg whites. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.