Back to Recipe Search
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Simple to make but your friends will think you fussed!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 43 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For Crust: Combine flour, sugar and corn starch in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- For Filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, peanut butter, vanilla and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Return to oven.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until mixture is golden. Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.