Back to Recipe Search
Making homemade gravy is easy with this simple recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons fat drippings (from any type of roasted meat)
- 2 cups broth OR bouillon*
- 2 tablespoons Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cook fat drippings and broth OR boullion in a roasting pan or saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Stir corn starch and water in a small bowl until smooth; add to pan. If desired, add a dash of poultry seasoning for chicken and turkey gravies, a sprinkle of thyme for beef or a pinch of rosemary for pork. Stirring constantly with a wire whisk, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- *This can be a gluten-free recipe if gluten-free broth or bouillon is used.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart, microwave-safe bowl. With a whisk, stir until corn starch is completely dissolved. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 7 to 9 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring every minute. Boil for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.