Back to Recipe Search
Easy Cheese Sauce
A popular recipe often featured on our box or container.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir milk gradually into corn starch in a small microwave-safe dish until smooth. Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Microwave an additional 30 to 60 seconds, until thick and bubbly. Stir in cheese until smooth. Serve over broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus or baked potatoes.
- For STOVETOP preparation, combine in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until smooth.