Back to Recipe Search
Black Forest Brownie Cake
Cherries plus chocolate add up to a luscious dessert treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Sweetened whipped cream OR whipped topping
- 1 can (19 to 21 fl oz) cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Beat in eggs and chocolate.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish. Spread batter in a greased and floured 8 OR 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Spoon whipped cream around edge of cake. Fill center with pie filling. Garnish with remaining walnuts.